Yesterday I made this announcement over at Patreon.
To be clear, you don’t have to be a patron to see updates about this process, but I won’t be posting them here. So if you are interested in seeing how I create the character concepts, flesh out the changes and implement them Patreon.com/LegendarySisters is where you want to go.
As such I’ve been sorting through what will be involved in the canonization process:
Fixing style inconsistencies, glaring errors, and sloppiness in the original pages is objective number 1 but…
- How much rework should I consider vs salvaging the original panels?
- Do I do this digitally so that I can only fix broken panels?
- Or do I go with traditional pages so that I have original artwork for the Kickstarter?
But there are pitfalls to lookout for…
- I intend to add some new pages, but I don’t want any Greedo shoots first disasters.
- I don’t want to get trapped in rewrite/revision hell… a real danger with me as I generally hate my own work and Monday deadlines won’t exist for this effort.
- The necessity of a series bible for this effort is a huge time consuming effort which brings me to…
And there are implications some of those decisions will have on the current pages.
- So yeah, a series bible would need to be obeyed going forward… which means more inconsistencies in the pages between the prologue and pages produced after said bible.
- There will be a (long) period of time where pages between the prologue and post-bible pages are wildly inconsistent. This may bother me more than it does you.
So that’s just where my mind is as I get myself ready to tackle this pretty monstrous task.